Tuesday 30 September 2008

Ok, enough...

One thing I've learned about Liberia that you won't find in any book or atlas: everything happens on the 15th of the month. Ask a group of folks when rainy season begins, for instance, and they'll have a heated argument about whether it's May 15th or June 15th. It might even come to blows--watch out.
Well today I was told that no, it's not September 15th but October 15th that rainy season ends. I thought it was safe to come back. I was wrong, apparently: this morning the rain started at 7 and by 9 there was over two inches flooding the entire yard... Doesn't help the motivational level, let me tell you...

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

ah does Andrew not like the rain... I love the rain, I'll switch with you anyday...

Love the new blog look, very you!