Tuesday 21 October 2008

re-embarking

the days are getting so much better.

each time i make that choice
          to laugh, not shout,
          to breathe, not bite,
          to rearrange perspective,
life gets quantifiably better.

each time i choose my mood.

each time i remember to pray.

each time gratitude shines on me
          for where i get to be,
          what i get to do,
          who i get to walk with--
                    these are all unearned gifts.
and when loneliness comes,
when doubt comes sulking with it,
it's my choice again to trust.
it's my choice again to relax, engage, dig in
          to this wild time, short or long.

and the days are getting so much better.

2 comments:

Brandi said...

Love this one. . .I needed it too!

Brandi

Sharon said...

I hear ya.
Sharon