Friday 12 June 2009

Christmas in June!

So my cousin Erin just became my favorite American. :)

A few weeks ago she sent me a note on Facebook that she wanted to help out, maybe raise some money or send some supplies. Well, I shot back some random stuff off the top of my head, and sure enough--a couple days ago I get this GIANT SUITCASE OF LOVE!! Thirty-six pounds of granola bars, jerky, gum, and every sort of awesome. I'm in overload!

But that's just the stuff for the team: Erin also rallied the troops to donate over $2000 toward clean water projects at our orphanages, and sent heaps of matchbox cars and beautiful posters and cards from the kids at her church. (Always cool to introduce international pen pals!)

Thanks so much to everyone who pitched in: Branyon Guthrie, Susan Guthrie, Sarah Guthrie and Gary Guthrie, Adrienne, Elizabeth Jones, Nick Person, Brad Parkhurst, Blake and Rachel as well as Grace Buonamia, Rachel Young, and Becky Klein, and anyone else I've forgotten! Special thanks also to Northstar Church Middle and High School Youth Groups, and Cobb Business Women's Assosiation. Thank you all for being such a huge blessing to my entire team, keeping us fueled up and reminded of home.